Monday, June 1, 2015

My favorite story

I just wanted to share one of the best stories I have about being a Disney TA (which means travel agent).

I was helping a family of 4 book a vacation for the oldest son's birthday. They told me he loved pirates and I was able to get them booked in one of the pirate-themed rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort. I sent a packet with a pirate hat and sword. The family told me they loved it and went on their trip. Their pictures on Facebook were awesome!

A little later, I saw on Facebook that the boy had a lesion on his skin that needed to be biopsied. They were worried it might be cancerous. I private messaged to see how they were doing and they told me that they were discussing life with their son, he told them that he wasn't worried because his trip to Disney World showed him that magic can be real and that happy places will always exist on earth even if bad things happen sometimes. The biopsy came back negative, and it was so special to be part of an experience that helped a little boy through a scary time.

I was so grateful that the parents told me that story. The magic that we bring to life is real! Get to know your clients and treat them well!

No comments:

Post a Comment