Monday, June 1, 2015

The ABCs of Being a Great Disney Travel Agent

When my friends find out I make a few hundred dollars every week from thinking about Disney they always want to know how I do it! I made this blog so it would be easier to share.

Being a Disney travel agent is all about making the magic come alive for your clients. Walt Disney World is a huge place and it's your job to know both the client and the destination so well that you can make their trip special.

Here's the checklist I send my friends when they are also interested in becoming travel agents.

  1. Stay informed. Read a lot of Disney news sites. Social media is often just as important as news sites these days.
  2. Get to know the themes and ambiance at each resort as best as you can. You can find walkthrough videos on YouTube and lots of pictures on Facebook.
  3. Know your client. Find out if they are going for a special occasion, like a birthday or anniversary, since Disney will give me them special treatment. Learn the name and ages of each person in the traveling party.
  4. Get to know the restaurants available at the parks and the resorts. Dining is a huge part of any trip and you need to make good recommendations based on steps 1, 2 and 3.
  5. Disney's sites are complicated and require a lot of work these days. You will need to learn various systems. Learn what you can about the public sites.
  6. Go to Orlando as much as you can yourself! On-the-ground experience is the best way to learn and provide a great experience for your clients.

That's it for now. I hope this is helpful. I'll post more soon! Special thanks to my sister Lisa for encouraging me to set this blog up.

No comments:

Post a Comment